Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Join and leave comments below!

Monday, September 5, 2011

My Heart Knows the Way

"'What' and ‘if’ two words as nonthreatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: ‘What if?'..." These are words of Amanda Seyfried, in Letters to Juliet. Yes, someone great did write them, but they hold so much truth to all the world. We go through life everyday wondering "what if..." and deciding whether or not we made the right choice. Do you ever really know what the right choice is? A lot of people make decisions based on what their brain says, and those are the people that are practical. Those are also the people that I truly believe have the biggest regrets of all. I choose to live according to my heart. Yes, I have made mistakes, and yes I ask myself "what if..." more than I want to, and yes I have regrets. But looking at my past, I truly feel every mistake I made, every regret I had, and every "what if..." that crossed my mind has only been for the better. I am a better person because of it, and my life has changed because of it. But I often wonder if I ever truly make the right decision. But I guess I'll never know. My heart leads the way, and I am definitely prepared to follow it. Maybe it will lead me through the hardships of life, maybe it will lead me through a life-time decision...but for now...it will lead me through everyday decisions, that will have the biggest effect on my life. But I will follow it. No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment