Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Join and leave comments below!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Forbidden...Always the Best Kind of Love

This is something that I've kept quiet about for a long time. A story idea I had; however, I guess I thought it was too much like Twilight.    


           I just stood there, all frozen up just like a statue as he inched closer step by step. I adjusted my eyes on the floor, avoiding his puppy dog stare that melted me in an instant. I could hear his breath reach out to me, and I contemplated looking up at him, but if I tried it, I knew I'd be hooked into his eyes and I'd be lost in swirls of milky blue satin.
            His arms slowly made their way to my hips, locking my silhouette against him. His cool hands tilted my chin towards him, and I tried to keep my eyes glued to the sight of the gravel-like cement floor.
            After two minutes of peace, his words broke through the barrier of silence.
            "Why do you avoid me?" His words stung.
            "I didn't avoid you. I needed time to think things through." I let out quickly.
            "Think what through exactly?" I quickly glanced at his eyes.
            "You and I, it just doesn't make sense. You are not human and you could kill me at any second."
            "You know I can't hurt you."
            "You can, you may not want to, but it has been controlling you for over four hundred years. You can't stop it. The Need is too great, and eventually, it will overpower you."
            I started to tug away from him, moving as quickly as possible, preparing to run away, as he pulled me closer to him and smiled. Immediately, those eyes pierced into my soul and he held me up, for I was floating on a cotton cloud.
            After about ten minutes of just getting lost in his eyes, I came back to reality. Placing my feet back on the ground, his arms pulled me in even closer to where I could smell the cinnamon in his mouth. My lips tingled.
            “How can you say you will never kill me?” I inquired. “What proof do you have?”
            He looked up as if considering something before placing his eyes back on me. “I don’t have any proof…except for the love in my heart.” He kept a serious gaze.
            “Do people like you even have a heart? Not to be rude, but do you?” I babbled.
            “You tell me.” He placed my hand on his heart, and I listened to the fast beat pumping. He tilted my chin back up once more, and I melted. His lips grazed the top of my forehead and planted a kiss there. Next, he kissed my cheek. And then all at once I was floating. He kissed my lips sincerely, and I knew with certainty that this was love.

No comments:

Post a Comment