Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Join and leave comments below!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Talking to the Moon

"At night when the stars light up my room, I sit by myself talking to the moon. In hopes you're on the other side talking to it too." The moon, one object... many different views. I mean different people look at the moon and they see different things. While one person may think that it is just a celestial body that comes out as the sun goes away, another may think that it is a reminder of hope through a struggle. Personally, I think that the moon is a little ball of magic that comes out everynight to remind everyone that things will ultimately turn out alright. It reminds us that everyday has the potential for beauty. It is poetic to me, and I know I'm not the only one who feels its magic. Somewhere out there, someone is talking to it right now. Perhaps its an old man enjoying his last moments, or a child wondering how it can stay in the sky and not move, or even a widow who connects it with the love of her life she lost...knowing that it held magic for them...and it still holds magic for the child she is carrying in her womb. For many people, the moon brings memories, and holds some of the best ones. I know a lot of my memories contain the moon, and I will always acknowledge its magic. Next time you look at the moon, take a glance at its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment