Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Join and leave comments below!

Monday, October 10, 2011

In Between

            I wrote this about a year ago, but it still has a big place in my heart. It's actually an excerpt from a 15 chapter story I've been on and off over the summers. Let me know your thoughts/ comments please!


          The Sunshine Room was a room that was specially designed and named after me! Mommy said that I would always be the sunshine of her life, and so she gave me a room to remind me. The room was painted burnt-lemon and had not a single bit of wall space that was unoccupied. Exquisite window paneling filled all but the corners of the room. Hello, SUNSHINE Room. On one wall, a small painting barely hung on by a thread. The painting was my first drawing of my family. I was two years old. Mommy said it was her greatest treasure besides Daddy and me.
          I turned to the bookshelf and looked for Sleeping Beauty, my favoritest story in the whole wide world. I reached my porcelain hand out and grabbed it. Yanking it only halfway, the bookshelf slid out and a dark room was unveiled. It was my secret room.
          My secret room was one of my favorite rooms in the entire house. I found it one day when Mommy told me she’d read me Sleeping Beauty. I got the book and right before our eyes, the bookshelf moved. How neat! Since then, it was Mommy and my secret place.
          I climbed into the small room and groped for my little lamp. Turning on the bright florescent, I situated myself on my pillow. Wanting to close the door, I reached for the button but then turned away. Mommy told me to never close that door, so I pulled away.
          I drew out my secret coloring book and a fresh crayon and started to unconsciously color the mermaid that lay in front of me. My eyes followed the crayon through every black line that it passed by, when something smelled icky. It almost smelled burnt.
          Turning my head to look out the passageway, all I saw was fog. A strong aroma filled up my senses. The smell churned my senses around and I tried to hold on to my thoughts as I struggled, swaying in and out of consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment